Hi all, Charlotte and Caitlin here to share a signal boost and hopefully inspire some of our listeners and fans to perhaps contribute a little bit to funds to assist Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
Our good friend and fellow podcast collaborator Johnamarie Macias of The Wookiee Gunner and Rebels Chat said it better than we ever could:
As many of you know, Puerto Rico was hit hard when Hurricane Maria passed through it last week. The stories of there being no power and cell phone communications are true. I haven’t been able to contact my family because they’re too far out of reach. Food is scarce, gasoline stations are being sucked dry, and clean water is hard to find.
Regardless of whether you’re a fan of the light side or dark side, Rebel Alliance or Empire, I think it’s time that we all take up the role of a good person. When we see someone in need, we should do something to help. I know times are hard and there’s financial stress wherever you turn, but if you could just take a couple of moments to donate to one of the following organizations, you’d be making a difference. Even if it’s $1, that $1 can go a long way.
Johnamarie put together a list of places to donate to help with the rebuilding of her birthplace:
- United for Puerto Rico, an initiative put together the First lady of Puerto Rico, Beatriz Rosselló
- GlobalGiving’s Puerto Rico & Caribbean Hurricane Relief Fund
- The Sato Project, an organization dedicated to providing supplies and support to displaced animals
- Ricky Martin’s Hurricane Relief Fund
- Monica Puig’s Hurricane Relief Fund
- Hispanic Federation’s Hurricane Relief Fund
If you’re in a position to help financially, please consider clicking one of the above links to assist Puerto Rico. Thank you all so much, and may the Force be with you.